SERVPRO of Southern Butler County Tips To Treat Water Damage
Let's face it. Water damage can cost you thousands. Water floods in from storms or water line breaks, then before you know it, you're house is swimming in 6 inches (or more) of the wet stuff.
Your valuables; electronics, furniture, cash, appliances etc. are all inflicted with some form of damage.
Luckily, it's not the end of the world. You can restore your home (and your life) after water damage.
Here are a few basic tips we came up with to help you out:
- Find the Source: if you don't know where the water is coming from, find out as soon as possible. Is it a leaky roof? Maybe a busted drainage pipe from your washer? Perhaps even a broken water main? Take the time to inspect these things.
- Try to Stop The Flow: Once you find the source of the water in your home or business, find a way to make it stop. Repair pipes, replace water heaters if they're the culprit.
- Contact a Professional: Next, you want to get a professional out there to help you determine the extent of the water damage, and what the next best course of action is for remediation.
- Contact Your Insurance Company: Finally, you want to avoid as many out-of-pocket costs as possible. Your home or business insurance may cover the cost of the damage. Get in touch with them, and file a claim to get you started.
- Take Preventive Measures: Once your home has been restored from the damage, you should take more preventive measures to keep the same thing from happening again. (Prevention IS the best medicine in this case.)
While water damage can be devastating we here at SERVPRO of Southern Butler County are here to help you get back on your feet.