What NOT to Do After Flooding
After your home has been flooded you may slack in your action steps. Here are some details on what not to do when water is present. Remember that this is the fine line between total destruction and simple restoration of your valuables.
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.